Friday 4 March 2011

Design Project B: Research and content

The following is a compilation of my notes and thoughts thus far for my Design Authorship project. I'm very much interested in exploring the vast differences between how people used to seek out information and how they interact with it today. Obviously, the introduction of technology has had an incredible impact on information design. I'm also interested in uncovering how this has impacted objectivity and subjectivity in the so called 'facts' we absorb today.

Brainstorm mapping of information sources:


I bought a small set of Reader's Digest encyclopaedic dictionaries from 1964 and proposed to create something that looks like an official information source from the past on the outside but when you open it, you'd see smatterings of jumbled information taken about the same topic from different online information sources.


From there I began to brainstorm current and historical topics that have a lot of controversy surrounding them.


I want to pursue one topic per letter. I drafted some content for one topic I know I want to do - 'Facebook' - simply by Googling the term:


Next up I'd like to explore layout options.

No comments:

Post a Comment